Whole grain oats, honey and papaya are all great breakfast foods but these fresh ingredients are also fantastic for your face. Yes your face! By making them into edible face scrubs and masks that help to exfoliate and add a little glow to your summer smile.
1. Nourishing Oatmeal Face Mask and Scrub
Ingredients :1/4 cup oats, 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tbsp honey
- Grind the oats in the blender then add the banana, milk and honey
- mix all ingredients together until you make a paste
- apply to the face in a gentle circular motion and leave on for 10 minutes, rinse off with warm water and then a splash of cold water and pat dry gently
Benefits - Opens up the pores through light exfoliation and flushes out dirt. Milk and banana is nourishing and moisturizing for the skin while oatmeal naturally exfoliates as well as calming inflamed, dry or itchy skin. Honey helps retain moisture. Great to apply in the evening to regenerate after time in the sun.
2. Glowy Cheeks Papaya Face Mask
Ingredients: papaya, honey
- blend 1/2 papaya and1/4 cup of honey with a teaspoon of water in the blender until you get a smooth puree
- apply to the face and leave on for 10 – 15 minutes , rinse off with warm water and then a splash of cold water and pat gently dry
Benefits- Papaya contains many yummy enzymes that exfoliate and smooth the complexion. Honey helps keep the skin hydrated.
Quick note – before applying the masks try steaming your face first to open up the pores and gently begin to push dirt to the surface.
So the next time you head out the the grocery store pick up some of extra ingredients for your face too! Your skin will thank you.
The Deva Life
I am Jasmin Fiore, a yoga teacher, aromatherapist, reiki master, mother and young breast cancer patient interested in all things that keep us happy and healthy. Please join us for weekly insights and info as we explore ways to create a brilliant,healthy, love filled deva life.
Deva - a sanskrit word for celestial or shining – a powerful connection to nature, the universe, and the ability to connect with the divine.